Elaine A. Humphreys
Elaine A. Humphreys is Senior Counsel at Block & Scarpa and is a member of the Estate Planning and Probate Department. Prior to joining Block & Scarpa, Elaine had her own law firm, Elaine A. Humphreys, P.A., based in West Palm Beach, Florida.
After working for many years in the public sector as a government attorney for the N.C. Attorney General's Office and later as the City Attorney for Lake Worth, Florida, Elaine obtained her L.L.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, in Gainesville, Florida. Her practice now focuses on helping families with their estate planning and asset protection needs, and through the probate, trust administration and guardianship processes. In addition to her estate planning, probate and trust administration practice, Elaine also helps local businesses with their legal needs in their operational matters, contracts and commercial leases; and she advises municipalities on various aspects of municipal law, contracts and ordinances.
Elaine serves on the Philanthropic Advisory Council of the Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and is a Member of the Real Estate, Wills and Probate and Tax Sections of the Florida Bar Association. She is also a Member of the Probate and Guardianship Committee and the Estate and Probate CLE Committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. Elaine is also a member of the North Carolina State Bar. Outside of the office, Elaine enjoys biking, yoga, traveling, and reading mystery novels.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Georgia
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Tax Law
- Business Law
- Municipal Law
- North Carolina
- Philanthropic Advisory Council Member, Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Estate and Probate CLE Committee Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Probate and Guardianship Committee Member
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Tax Law Section, Member