Beckett C. Horner
Beckett is a managing partner of the firm and leads the Estate Planning and Probate Department where he practices in the areas of Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration, as well as Real Estate, Tax Law, and Commercial Law.
More specifically, Beckett focuses his practice on helping families shelter their estates from estate tax as well as formulating custom estate plans tailored to specific family dynamics. He also helps carry out those estate plans when the appropriate time comes, through probate and trust administration. Ancillary to his estate planning and administration practice, Beckett facilitates real estate transactions for buyers and sellers and helps large business entities with myriad opportunities, including stock and asset sales and acquisitions.
Beckett was born and raised in Vero Beach, FL and attended the University of Florida, where he earned his Bachelor's degree in History. He attended the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, IL, where he researched Property Law and was a member of the Moot Court Honors Council. After years of practicing with high net-worth clients and large business entities, Beckett earned his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida.
Beckett is President of the Indian River Estate Planning Council, a Board Member and past Treasurer of Hibiscus's Children's Center's Governing Board, a Board Member and Secretary of the Youth Sailing Foundation of Indian River County, a Member of the VNA Foundation's Planned Giving Advisory Council, a Member of the Indian River County Bar Association, a Member of the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar Association, and a Member of the Tax Law Section of the Florida Bar Association. When he's not working, Beckett enjoys fishing, golfing, and spending time with his wife, daughter, and French mastiff dog.
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Moot Court Honors Council, Member
- Major: Property Law
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Major: Taxation
- University of Florida
- Major: History
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Tax Law
- Commercial Law
- Advisory Board Member, Hibiscus Children’s Center of Indian River County
- VNA Foundation’s Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Board Member, Hibiscus’s Children’s Center’s Governing Board
- Council Member, Hibiscus Children’s Center’s Indian River County Outreach Council
- Board Member and Secretary, Youth Sailing Foundation of Indian River County
- Member, Kiwanis Club of Vero-Treasure Coast
- Indian River County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Tax Law Section, Member
- Kiwanis Club of Vero-Treasure Coast, Member
- Hibiscus Children’s Center of Indian River County, Advisory Board Member
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar Association, Member
- Hibiscus’s Children’s Center’s Governing Board, Board Member
- Hibiscus Children’s Center’s Indian River County Outreach Council, Council member
- Youth Sailing Foundation of Indian River County, Board Member and Secretary