Prior to joining Block & Scarpa, Mario had his own firm at the Law Offices of Mario G. Menocal, P.A. based in Miami. Immediately after law school, Mario clerked for the Hon. Jose Rodriguez in the 11th Circuit of Miami-Dade County’s Complex Litigation Division. Mario’s practice consists primarily of helping clients in complex commercial disputes both pre- and post-trial, and in arbitration and litigation at both the trial and appellate levels, along with transactional and general counsel work related to business contracts, and trust and estate matters. Mario is tri-lingual and is fluent in English, Spanish and French and has represented both domestic and international clients.
Mario has broad experience in various areas of commercial law and has successfully represented clients in a variety of matters, including minority shareholders in breach of fiduciary duty disputes, members of condominium associations, corporate officers of public corporations against breach-of-fiduciary duty claims, intellectual property matters, real-estate brokers in commission disputes against owners, tenants in lease disputes and negotiations, business valuation, franchisees against franchisors for breach of franchising agreements, and other clients in complex transaction and commercial matters. Mario has also represented clients against insurance companies in first-party disputes and other insurance-claim related matters.
Prior to attending law school, Mario worked as a telecommunications and data networking engineer for various multinationals. Mario has travelled to over 30 countries to work on projects for some of the largest telecommunications companies in the world. After obtaining his MBA, Mario was promoted to commercial sales group for the northern Latin America where he presented technological proposals and business cases to engineering groups, managers, and executives of communications companies throughout the U.S., the Caribbean, and Latin America.
Mario obtained his law degree cum laude from the University of Miami in 2012. Mario obtained his undergraduate degree is in electrical engineering from Florida International University in 1996, and his Master’s in Business Administration from University of Florida’s Warrington School of Business in 2005.
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient; (ii) Book Award and CALI Excellence Award in Commercial Law II; Won Litigation Skills I Jury Trial
- University of Florida Warrington School of Business Executive MBA Program
- Master of Business Administration - 2005
- Florida International University
- B.S. - 1995
- Honors: Dean's List 5 Semesters; Florida-Georgia Alliance for Minority Participation Scholarship Recipient
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Complex Commercial Disputes
- Business Transactions
- Trust & Estate Matters
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Miami-Dade County Bar’s Put Something Back Program